- 1/2 gallon organic whole milk from an apparently local dairy, pasteurized and homogenized.
- 1 quart organic cultured buttermilk, pasteurized and homogenized.
- 1 quart kefir, raspberry. It has numerous nutrition claims, but that’s all they seemed to have.
- 0.76 pounds fresh mozzarella, from Vermont. (One of my favorite snacks is fresh mozzarella with extremely generous amounts of Louisiana hot sauce.)
- 0.74 pounds not-fresh mozzarella, for burritos.
- 6 ounces plain sheep's milk yogurt.
- 6 ounces plain goat's milk yogurt – “this yogurt is made in a solar powered creamery”.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Several Dairy Products
I’m reading a book on milk, so today’s trip to the grocery involved a lengthy period of examining the dairy case. I purchased: