Some thoughts, carefully numbered but in no particular order:
- The news people at KMSP, as a whole, know nothing about bicycling -- pedal misspelled as peddle, intro refers to the map as a way to "get off the streets" (the whole point of the cycling movement is to get accepted as traffic).
- Talking to the press is fun.
- Being interviewed by local TV news is extremely cursory. Few follow-up questions; basically it was "Tell your story. Go."
- If you're interviewed for TV or radio, observe whether the interviewer is miked: if not, then remember that the questions will not be included in the final cut, and adjust your answers accordingly.
- Overall, I thought the story was decent. Good publicity.